Friday 20 May 2011

29 days to go......

So its 29 days until I leave for Florida !!!!!! :) :) :)

On the 5th of May I had my embassy appointment in London. I went down on the 3rd, with my mum and dad, to have a few days in London. We did some shopping, saw some of the tourist sights and saw two shows, Mamma Mia and the Lion King (to get into the Disney spirit), which were both amazing :) !



On the morning of the embassy appointment I left my phone at a pharmacy, as you are not allowed electronics in the embassy. I then went and stood outside in the line of people waiting to get in. I had to show my appointment letter then go through security, just like at the airport. When inside I was given a number and had to wait until my number was called before i would be seen. I had heard that people could wait for up to five hours, so after 20 minutes was delighted when my number was called. I went to the window and gave the lady all my paper work before having my finger prints taken. I was then told to sit back down and wait for my number to be called again. Half an hour later my number was called for my interview. This was about two minutes long and nothing to worry about. The man was very nice and just asked what I was going to be doing in America and what I would be doing when I came home. He then told me my Visa had been APPROVED :)



I then paid about fourteen pounds for the courier to deliver my passport and Visa back to me. Exactly one week later I received them !!!!!! I can now officially go to Florida !

Since then I have just been mad with Uni work. I can't wait until next week when I have finished my last exam and can start getting really excited for leaving!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment